Tour TypeHistory, Cultural, Ecology
Tour DistanceAll tour is done by transportation
ConsiderationsTourist Ticket is not part of the Tours
SeasonFrom Jan to December
Trail ClosetOpen all year
Sacred Valley Tour Full Day
This Inca Trail Packing List will help you to prepare for your outdoor adventure in one of the most stunning regions of South America.
Luggage for the Inca Trail Trek and Alternative trek is generally divided as follows:
- 1.- Your main suitcase or backpack, can be left in the storage of the of Cusco hotel. most of the tourist generally stay at the same hotel before and after the trek
- 2.- A small daypack that you will use to carry daily essentials such as a jacket, camera, water and sunscreen
We hope that this packing list for Machu Picchu will be useful for any trek you choose and you can do only a few small variations that can suite better for you
Summary Sacred Valley Tour Full Day
Sacred Valley is the destination with lots of great stops on the way to fully immerse in Inca culture and history. We start Pickup is at 8AM from your hotel lobby and drop off will be around 6PM
Consideration: Please remember comfortable shoes – lots of walking around.
Overview Sacred Valley Tour Full Day
Sacred Valley Tour Full Day
Place visited on this tour:
- Pisaq Market,
- Pisaq ruins,
- Ollantaytambo fortress
We leave every Monday – Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Your Sacred Valley Tour begins at 8 a.m. when your Tour guide will pick you up from your hotel lobby. You will be taken on a road that winds around the mountains north of Cusco. On the way, we will stop at a famous point known as El Mirador (Lookout Point). From there, we will be able to see the Sacred Valley and gain some insight into the Inca history. The Sacred Valley was one of the main areas the Incas settled. There is an unusual abundance of fertile plains in this high area of the Andes. You will also witness vast contour terracing and irrigation channels left behind by the Incas.
Later on, we will drive towards the ruins of Pisac. Here, you will witness and learn about Inca culture. You will see amazing works of stone art and impressive agricultural terraces. After exploring, we will drive back to the lower town of Pisac to stop at a bustling handicraft market. After you spend some time walking around the market bargain hunting, we will meet for lunch at a local Andean restaurant.
After lunch, we will drive along the Urubamba River towards the town of Ollantaytambo. Once we reach Ollantaytambo, we will visit the ruins, an important area of Incan construction, built during the Inca’s heydays. This is an extraordinary Inca site because you can find rock formations representing the Inca god, Wiracocha. Afterwards, we will go to Chincheros, a small village with beautiful views of the Sacred Valley. In this charming village, you will see adobe homes, narrow cobbled streets, and people in traditional Peruvian clothing. Here, the villagers still practice many Inca traditions and crafts. If you wish, you will see the demonstration of how wool is washed and dyed using native plants and minerals. We will return to Cusco and drop you off at your hotel.
As an alternative you can do the following tours:
- US$30 per person in group tours, you will join in a group with tourists from several other tour operators
We also done Sacred Valley Full day Tours in private service and the cost is based on your group size.
- 2 to 6 participants: $300 total
- 7 to 13 participants: $400 total
- 14 or more: Will be arranged and priced by your Inti representative.
NOTE: Sometimes offer to combine private tours (with your permission) into smaller groups with a discount. Let us know if you would be open to others joining you.
Included / Not Included
What is included in the Sacred Valley Tour Full Day
- Private Groups
This tour is only done privately and our prices are based on a group of two-six people. You will travel in a private van. If your group is larger than six, please ask the our sales representative for specific pricing.
Professional Guides: All of our guides studied English and tourism at Cusco National University. They all grew up in this region and have a true passion to teach others about their heritage. They are fun yet professional, and will ensure you are safe and happy.
- Transportation: We will pick you up in our private van, directly from your hotel around 8 a.m. The van will be waiting for you at each stop, when you are ready. We will return you directly back to your hotel.
- Entrance Tickets: All of the sites visited on this tour require the Tourist Ticket. You can purchase this ticket at your first stop for 70 soles for a one day pass, or 130 soles for the 10 day pass.
- Lunch: We will stop in Urubamba for a traditional lunch at a local restaurant. If you prefer another location, please feel free to tell your guide. This meal is not included in your tour cost.
What to bring
What you need to bring to Sacred Valley Tour Full Day
- Small Day Pack
- Warm jacket
- Confortable Cloths
- Confortable shooes