How to use your trekking poles for Machu Picchu hikes
How to use your trekking poles for Machu Picchu hikes, Learn how to use trekking poles for Machu Picchu hike ,walking stick for the Inca Trail & Alterative trek to Machu Picchu. Many people like to hike with trekking poles or walking sticks. This is fine as long as the poles will not cause damage to the stone paving along the Inca Trail. If the trekking poles have metal spikes, then these must be protected by rubber tips. We recommend bringing some spare rubber tips with you. These rubber protectors can be purchased in Cusco or Ollantaytambo.
How to use your trekking pole or walking sticks?
Trekking poles or Walking sticks can be used in any kind of terrain and the length used is based on this. Almost all of the walking sticks are adjustable. When hiking in plain terrain or going higher, you’ll need your walking sticks adjusted at the same height as your waist. This allows you to get all the support needed.
When hiking to lower ground such as getting down from a mountain peak, or walking down steps, you’ll again need to adjust. You need your walking sticks to be adjusted to your chest to help your knees and ankles. When getting down the impact on these parts of your body is strong, so you need to do this in order to protect yourself.
If you don’t need your walking sticks in a portion of the trek, reduce them to their limit and place them in the side part of your backpack. This’ll prevent the sticks from interrupting your walking and will provide quick access to them when needed.
If you have any doubt on how to adjust your sticks, ask your guides, they’ll be more than happy to help.
walks where you will need the trekking poles for Machu Picchu
- Classic Inca Trail to Machu Picchu 4D/3N
- Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu 2 Days / 1 Night
- Classic Inca Trail Express 3 day / 2 nights
- Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu 4 days / 3 nights
- Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu 5 days / 4 nights
- Inca Trail Trek to Machu Picchu 5 Days / 4 Nights
- Cachicata Trek to Machu Picchu 4 days / 3 nights
- 3 day Inca Quarry Trek to Machu Picchu
- Huchuy Qosqo and Machu Picchu Trek 2 days / 1 nights
- Lares Trek To Machu Picchu 4D/3N
- Ausangate Trek Peru – Rainbow Mountain 5 days / 4 nights
you can visit our Tripadvisor: TRIPADVISOR INTI SUN TREK