The Perolniyoc Waterfall is the perfect way to enjoy the best of the Peruvian countryside and experience the true essence of the Sacred Valley of the Inca. On this hike, you’ll have the opportunity to visit Naupa Iglesias. This Incan site boasts spectacular stone masonry and contains impeccably constructed altars. Then you will continue onto small village of Socma, whereour trek will begin.
The trail meanders past cultivated agricultural terraces that are still being farmed today by the local villagers. It then ascends into a lush canyon that is filled with several different species of native flora & fauna. This portion of the trail brings us to the base of the spectacular falls. Afterwards, you will continue our ascent to Raqaypata , the arqueological site that is located directly on top of the waterfall. Panoramic views of the canyon & waterfall accompany you upwards! The incredible view to Perolniyoc Waterfall!
The Perolniyoc waterfall is located in the district of Ollantaytambo, in the province of Urubamba.
– Cusco, Region.
– Province: Urubamba
– District: Ollantaytambo
– Latitude: 13.3103
– Longitude: 72.2617
– Altitude: 3460 m.
· Category: Adventure, culture, ecology, and trekking
· Duration: 1 day
· Difficulty: Easy (the first part is a little bit steeper and takes approximately 45 minutes)
· Seasonal Availability: Year-round, April-November recommended
· Maximum Altitude: 3,460 meters
· Length: 9 km (5.6 miles)
· Duration: 5-6 hours
What to Bring:
· Hiking boots
· Small daypack or backpack (approximately 20L)
· Comfortable, lightweight trekking clothes or activewear (layers recommended)
· Waterproof, sturdy hiking boots with good ankle support and traction
· Waterproof jacket or rain poncho
· Warm coat
· Hat and gloves
· Hand sanitizer
· Sun hat or cap
· Insect repellent
· Water (at least 1L)
· Personal medications
· Muscle relaxers
· Painkillers or anti inflammatories
· Bandaids (especially those designed for blisters)
· Toilet paper
· Cash (in small denominations of Peruvian nuevo soles)
Do you like this place? You can book this place like Perolniyoc Waterfall Day Trek.