Everything You Need to Know about 7 Lakes of Ausangate Full Day Tour
Lying a 100 km south-east of Cusco is the impressive cordillera Vilcanota. The mountain range has several peaks over 6,000 metres, including the sacred Ausangate (6372m) – the highest mountain in the Cusco region. Unlike the Inca Trail, no permit is needed for the Ausangate trek.
The 7 Lakes of Ausangate Tour is a new amazing day trip and one of the quietest in the region and you’ll likely not see another trekking. This tour takes you to the most spectacular areas of the Peruvian Andes. Over the course of this tour, you will spend the whole day exploring seven lakes with different beautiful colors like green, turquoise, and bright blue, in addition to the beautiful landscapes, and snowy peaks of Ausangate; visiting hot springs, encountering native wildlife including shapes of llamas and alpacas, and exploring tiny villages perched high up in the mountains. You will meet local people and experience their way of life, from their ornate and colorful textiles to their delicious regional cuisine. Life in Ausangate runs at a different pace than the rest of Peru.
7 lakes of Ausangate is a perfect tour for those who wish to step away from the beaten track and experience an authentic slice of this beautiful country.
- Type of Trek: Adventure, ecological landscapes and cultural
- Starting altitude: 3800 m / 12,467 ft.
- Maximum height: 4,200 meters
- Difficulty: Moderate to Challenge
- Walking distance: 10 km
- Round trip walking hours: Around 4 hours
– We recommend the passengers stay at least one whole day in Cusco to acclimatize, this is a prerequisite to go on this tour because you start to walk over 4,200m.
– It is recommended to not take part in the trek if over 60 years of age or in poor physical conditions. Due to the high altitude and steep climbing, it can be dangerous for your health. Other tour operators won’t tell you this, so be very careful.
Are you ready? You can book this like 7 Lakes of Ausangate Full Day Tour.