The 7 Lakes of Ausangate is an amazing day trip from Cusco. On this trip, you will visit seven lakes with different beautiful colors like green, turquoise, and bright blue, in addition to spectacular mountains part of the Vilcanota range such as Ausagante and Ayancate. After the trek, you can also enjoy a relaxing moment in the thermal baths, with a stunning view on the Ausangate.
Tour Start Time: Between 4:30 and 5:00 am
Tour End Time: Approximately 7:00 pm
Maximum Altitude: 4,600m/15,200ft
Round trip walking hours: Around 5 hours
Weather: Cold in the morning; hot and sunny at midday; chilly wind towards in afternoon. Layered clothing adaptable to different conditions is highly recommended.
Highlights: Amazing lakes, Spectacular view on the Ausangate ,Thermal baths at the end of the trek
Cusco – Tinki – Cusco
We will pick you up from your accommodation in Cusco between 4:30.a.m to 5 :00.a.m and we will then drive for about two hours and half to the village of Tinki. From there, we will drive for another 40 minutes more to Pacchata village which is the starting point of our hike, In Pacchanta we will have breakfast. After breakfast, we will start our hike. We will hike for about one and a half hours gently uphill to get to the first lake. From that point, we will be really close to the other six lakes, and the way will get easier as it will go mostly downhill or flat. We will have plenty of time to take photos of the lakes and glaciers. After the hike, we will have lunch and you will have the opportunity to enjoy a relaxing moment in the thermal baths with a great view of the Ausangate. We will then make our way back to Cusco, which should take around three hours.
US$40 per person in group tours, you will join in a group with tourists from several other tour operators
We also done 7 lake of Ausangate Full day Tours in private service and the cost is based on your group size.
2 to 6 participants: $260 total
7 to 13 participants: $360 total
14 or more: Will be arranged and priced by your Inti representative.
NOTE: Private guide, driver and vehicle are for your exclusive use; no matter you are individually, or in a family or friends group. The tour is run exclusively for you without strangers.
What is included:
- Pick-up from your accommodation and drop-off near the main square
- Drop off near the main square
- Fluent English speaking tour guide
- Round trip transportation
- Lunch (vegetarian option available)
- Oxygen tank
- First aid kit
- Meals not described on the itinerary and snacks
- Tips for the guide and driver
- Walking poles
- Entrance fee to the hot springs (around 5 soles per person)
- Entrance fee to the site in Ocongate (10 soles per person)
- Entrance fee to the site in Tinki (10 soles per person)
What to bring
- Hiking boots
- Small daypack or backpack (approximately 20L)
- Comfortable, lightweight trekking clothes or activewear (layers recommended)
- Waterproof, sturdy hiking boots with good ankle support and traction
- Waterproof jacket or rain poncho
- Warm coat
- Hat and gloves
- Hand sanitizer
- Sun hat or cap
- Water (at least 1L)
- Personal medications
- Muscle relaxers
- Painkillers or anti inflammatories
- Bandaids (especially those designed for blisters)
- Toilet paper
- Cash (in small denominations of Peruvian nuevo soles)
Where is the start of the hike located?
It is located around 3 hours from Cusco by car.
When does the tour start and finish?
We will start at 5:00 a.m. and finish around 6:30 p.m.
Is there a toilet on the bus?
No, however we can stop for toilet breaks.
What is the maximum altitude?
The maximum altitude we will reach is 4,600m/15,200ft
What will I do if I suffer from altitude sickness?
We will treat you accordingly. We carry oxygen cylinders and altitude tablets.