Do you want to go totally off the beaten track? If so, you will truly enjoy the tour to the stone forest, the smurf’s houses in Abancay . We will leave the region of Cusco to enter in the splendid region of Apurimac. This unexplored region is a real gem of Peru and you will enjoy a trip in connexion with the nature of the place, instead of being surrounded by tons of other tourists.
Duration of the tour: 2 days / 1night
Travel Distance: Cusco – Abancay- Cusco is 8:00 hours round trip
Departure: Around 7:00 a.m. on day 1.
Return to Cusco: In the night of the second day
Travel Distance: Abancay – Pamachiri and Smurts House – Abancay is 8:00 hours round trip
Day 1; Cusco- Saywite Rock Abancay
We will pick you up from your accommodation in Cusco around 7:00am. We will then drive for 2 hour until we reach Saywite Rock Saywite Rock (also known as a monolith) according to several theories, Peru’s three geographic regions: jungle, highlands, and the coast, with sculpted animal and plants species. It looks like a scale model. Also from this place you will have an impressing views of the Curahuasi valley and the mountains surrounding it. After this we will continue driving for one hour and half until we will get to Abancay town where we will have our lunch that is include in the tour price, After this we will take you the visit Pachachaca colonial brigde
The Pachachaca Bridge crosses the Pachachaca river.The construction of this bridge was started in 1654 by order of the Viceroy Count of Salvatierra. The construction is made from lime and stone; and unites the cities of Abancay and Andahuaylas, We also do the Cañaso ( sugarcane taste by one of the local producer. We will then make our way back to Abancay where you will spend the first nigh in hotel
Day 2; Abancay- Pampachiri Stone Forest and Smurfs House – Abancay- Cusco
We will leave Anbacay at 4:00am to have plenty of time to enjoy the stone forest (bosque de piedras) and the smurf’s houses (casa de los pitufos). We will drive about 4 hours before we reach the village of Pampachiri. Where will start exploring the stone forest and Smurfs House for few hours We will then drive back to Pampachiri where we will have lunch before starting our drive back to Abancay, after an stretching break, we will continue our travel back to Cusco, and we will let you to your hotel.
Our Smurts House Tours are done privately and the cost is based on your group size.
$190 dollars per person
Private guide, driver and vehicle are for your exclusive use; no matter you are individually, or in a family or friends group. The tour is run exclusively for you without strangers.
NOTE: We sometimes offer to combine private tours (with your permission) into smaller groups with a discount. Let us know if you would be open to others joining you.
What is included
- Pick up from your accommodation in Cusco
- Round trip Transportation from Cusco to Abancay- Cusco
- Basic Hotel Night in Abancay
- Professional bilingual tour guide
- Lunch and dinner on the first day
- Round trip Transportation from Abancay to Pamachiri Stone forest and Smurts House- Abancay
- Breakfast, and box lunch on the second day
- First-aid kit
- Breakfast on the first day
- Entrance for Smurts House (30 soles per person)
- Entrance for Sayhuite rock ( 10 soles per person)
- Dinner in the second day
- Tips for your driver and guide
what to bring
- Hiking boots
- Small daypack or backpack (approximately 20L)
- Comfortable, lightweight trekking clothes or activewear (layers recommended)
- Waterproof, sturdy hiking boots with good ankle support and traction
- Waterproof jacket or rain poncho
- Warm coat
- Hat and gloves
- Hand sanitizer
- Sun hat or cap
- Insect repellent
- Water (at least 1L)
- Toilet paper
- Cash (in small denominations of Peruvian Nuevos soles)
Are meals included?
- Lunch and dinner on the first day
- Breakfast, and lunch on the second day
Is there a toilet on the way?
Yes, we can stop for toilet breaks.
What will I do if I suffer from altitude sickness?
We will treat you accordingly. We carry oxygen cylinders and altitude tablets.