|The government of Peru has closed borders through June 30th.
- Quarantine measures in Peru are proactive and stringent, which has kept our numbers of confirmed cases and deaths low, especially in the Cusco region.
- We plan to reopen the office as soon as quarantine regulations permit and start doing tours and treks when international flights are again permitted to land in Peru.
- Inca Trail permits are now transferable, but remain non-refundable per government regulations. No additional permits will be issued for dates that have cancellations and remaining permits are still “first come, first served.”
- You can ensure your preferred dates of a rescheduled Inca Trail Trek by notifying us in September of the year prior to your trek.
- The government will not reduce or refund tour company taxes that we paid on our guests who have booked for 2020.
- Peru Rail is allowing tour companies to postpone or transfer the tickets we have purchased, but will not give refunds.
- Most international airlines are allowing guests to rebook their flights without extra fees.
The government of Peru is supporting vulnerable families with financial assistance, but there are no bailout packages for the tourism industry like some airlines are getting.
|Inti Sun Trek is a small, local Peruvian tour company. We are experiencing thousands of calls about cancellations this time and want you to know that while this is really scary for our company, we are committed to helping our Tourist, staff and community, and being resilient to come through this together. At this time we are choosing not to lay off any of our regular staff, because they rely on us so they can provide for their families. We are also supporting our porters, for the loss of work, even if only two month, is devastating for their families and communities.
If you are unable to do your tour, and you wish to donate your deposit to out-of-work porters fund or communities hit hard by the stop in tourism or the devastating landslides on the Salkantay trek road of February, will directly send 100% of that deposit to the cause of your choice.